Saturday 29 March 2008

RETIREMENT........FAREWELL MUNROW







Can't recall exactly when I set this blog up ,but at long last it has it's first post.
Seems to have been quite a hectic 2 weeks,retirement came,at long last...Can't for the life of me understand anyone who quoted those immortal words... "What will you do with yourself?"
I did have a really good send off from work colleagues,buffet in the bar,yes a bar in the workplace..They know my weakness for shopping £100.00 in House of Fraser vouchers,beautiful bouquet....and the gem?a pensioners shopping trolley of course...these by the way are my pet hate....anyone who's shins have suffered at the hands of a wayward OAP, weilding one of these will know exactly where I'm coming from...mine of course had been lovingly decorated with bling and tinsel,by Debs and Nors artistic design....the contents something else ,big knickers,knitting needles,wool,plastic rainhat,woolly bedsocks,steradent,the list goes on,but you get the drift,all down to Nettie,now you know it was Nett.
The buffet was lovely, so a big thankyou to all at the University Sport Birmingham,and staff in Raising The Bar for making it special,I shall miss a

lot of people in the centre ..enjoy the photos.

Jenny.

No comments: